Rancho San Joaquin is a master-planned condominium community, established in 1974, and consists of 309 two- and three-bedroom "stacked" units and townhomes (see Residential Floor Plans). Located on approximately 45 acres in the heart of Irvine, our community features mature trees, professionally landscaped common areas and lush green belts featuring two pool/spa facilities. Most homes have views of our open green belt areas or the Rancho San Joaquin golf course. See map of our community.
Each home in our community is part of the Rancho San Joaquin Homeowners Association (HOA) which is registered with the State of California as a Non-Profit Mutual Benefit Corporation with the State of California and is managed by a Board of Directors. The Corporation’s charter is to provide community services and facilities for the general use, benefit and welfare of the owners. In fulfilling this charter, Rancho San Joaquin Homeowners Association is responsible to operate, maintain and regulate the operations and business affairs of the project’s common areas and common interests.
Prohibition of Short-Term Rentals (Airbnb, VRBO and Others)
Short-term rentals (periods of less than 31 days) of whole homes or rooms are prohibited in the City of Irvine, and thus, in our Rancho San Joaquin community.
If you believe a short-term rental is operating in our HOA community, please contact the City of Irvine's Short-Term Rental Hotline at 949-269-3600 which is open 24/7. You can also submit a complaint through their online website at https://safe.hostcompliance.com/tips/type. which is hosted by Host Compliance, a leading technology company specializing in monitoring and enforcement solutions that's contracted by the City of Irvine.
Trash Pickup Schedule
Please visit our Trash/Recycling & Bulk Items page for our trash/recycling pickup schedule.
On non-pickup days, the individual trash & recycling toters should be stored out of public view in conformance with our HOA's CC&Rs.
Pool & Spa Use
Both our large pool facility (located next to Montanas Sud) and small pool facility (located between Viejo and Lago Sud) are open daily from 8:00 am to 10:00 pm.
Either pool facility will be closed at unspecified times for cleaning or repairs. NO LIFEGUARD ON DUTY - USE POOLS AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Also note the pool rules, which are:
Our pool heating schedule is as follows:
- No pets are allowed in the pool or spa area
- No glassware is allowed in the pool area
- No surf mats, surfboards or styrofoam floats are allowed in the pool or spa
- The pool is reserved for use by homeowners, tenants and their guests
- Please keep the gate closed at all times
- No children under the age of 14 is permitted in the pool area without an adult
- Any activity creating undue noise such as yelling or loud radios is prohibited
- Large pool facility: Both the pool and spa/jacuzzi will remain heated year round
- Small pool facility: Both the pool and spa/jacuzzi will be heated from March 1 through October 31. From November 1 through February 28 the heater will be turned OFF for both the pool and spa/jacuzzi
Requesting a New or Replacement Pool Key
A new or replacement pool key costs $25. To request a new or replacement pool key, follow these steps:
Your new pool key will be available for pick-up or mailed to you within 48 business hours of receipt of your request.
- Write a check for $25.00, made out to "Rancho San Joaquin HOA". Write "Pool key" in the check's memo (or "For") line.
- Include a separate note with your check that lists your first and last name, your RSJ address, and if you want the pool key mailed to you or you want to pick it up at the FirstService Irvine office.
- Mail the check along with the note to (or drop it off along with the note at the FirstService office below):
FirstService Residential/Rancho San Joaquin
Attn. Lori Martinez
15241 Laguna Canyon Road
Irvine, CA 92618